Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Social Media

What is your reaction to the presentation last week on “Netiquette” and what will you be doing differently after having heard Tracy speak?  Do you believe social media will impact you at your learning site and/or in your future career, and how?

My reaction to the presentation last week is that it was very interesting. A point that Tracy mentioned that stood out to me was about how everything that we post online can eventually catch up to you if it is negative. This is an important point about privacy because you will never make a clear defined line between your private life and your educational or even work life. Many people are unaware of their privacy settings on things like Twitter and Facebook and they may post something from their private life that may not be needed to know. 

What me, personally, will be doing differently online is making sure that I just don't post anything that I wouldn't want an employer or even my mom to look at. Chances are that if its THAT inappropriate it shouldn't be said publicly online anyways.

I don't think that social media will impact my worksite, this is because I'm going to be working with kids and I cant have any outside connection with them. However when it comes to my future career, I will just limit my life to  having a work side, and then a personal side. But as of now, I don't have anything negative in the social media. If anything I have good things because of situations I've had in school. For example, my blogs and things I've been apart of in in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment