Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Service Learning Experience

My service learning experience connects to my short term goals because it is helping me gain experience working with kids along the way. I'm thinking about becoming either a child psychologist or a criminal psychologist. So therefore I feel that working with children at an Elementary school is helping me gain experience interacting with them. In the future I may be doing the same thing. I feel this same way for my medium and long term goal. 

The knowledge from my service site that I will utilize to reach my goals is to just have patience and stay on the right track. I know that with kids I have to be patient because some can be hard to work with. I know that I will have to continue being on track and staying positive, the same way I am at my service site.

Understanding past issues of diversity and tolerance can help me define these goals by trying to be more open minded. By being more open minded to others diversity I will be able to accept other people for their different culture or background. I know I will come across a lot of different people in my future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment