Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

My American Dream






'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y



This part of the chorus in the song Firework by Katy Perry represents my American Dream. This is because as I grow up and really get into my education and field that I will be majoring in, I want to make a change in the world someday. I don't want to sit back in life being quiet and passive. I want to change the lives of others. I consider myself to be some sort of a firework like the song symbolizes. My reasoning for this is because you set a firework on fire and then BOOM it just explodes and you are able to see ll the pretty things that it embodies. That's just how I believe my American Dream is going to be. I'm that firework that is just waiting to show the world my thoughts and talents and I will be able to just BOOM one day.


You don't have to feel like a wasted space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe your reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know

These 2 parts also stand out to me. This is because, it explains how everyone is special, no one is just a wasted space because everyone is capable of making a change someday.It explains how, maybe a reason you feel that all your possibilities have ended are because its your responsibility to lead the way. So therefore My American Dream is to ust be happy in life, but not only be content with my own life, help others around me become happy along the way too. I just want to show everyone what I'm worth, and pass knowledge along.

5 comments:

  1. I like your analogy about being a firework. I saw the Katy Perry movie this weekend and I really liked what her lyrics said about life and its challenges. She has a great story and I think that you do to. Share your story and ignite others in the process. You will make a difference in the world because you do have compassion and you know that you are a firework of brightness and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE going to change some things in this life..I can tell by reading your blog. I see your determination and your fire!
    Another Katy song has the lyric "Now look at me, I'm sparkling".
    Your blog sparkles with your life energy.
    I work at City and I hope to meet you some day.
    Meantime, keep writing and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this. I feel exactly the same way! Just keep your head in it educate yourself. Don't get attached to that party life Lolz . But your great, it's a taurus thing! We can make big BOOMS in this world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sense of your preparation for this firework show has a very believable affect. You can imagine that preparation is something that requires planning and planning is hard to do while preparing. But still, there is the knowledge that one day when it is time, a light will sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sense of your preparation for this firework show has a very believable affect. You can imagine that preparation is something that requires planning and planning is hard to do while preparing. But still, there is the knowledge that one day when it is time, a light will sparkle.

    ReplyDelete