Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

SRP & ME!

Hey bloggers! This is my first blog post ever! So, When first entering the Summer Readiness Program I didn’t know what to expect. To be completely honest, I was skeptical about it because of all that I knew I would be missing out in the summer. All I knew was that I’d be going to school taking 2 English classes and Personal Growth from Monday through Thursday from 8:45am - 2:25pm.

I have never had an experience with a college class so I didn’t know what to expect, if it would be hard or easy. Being in the SRP for 2 weeks now, I can now say that I’m not really missing out on anything. The only thing that I’d be doing at home is relaxing, or eating or just sitting at home being bored most of the time. Yes, im missing out on time that I could be spending with family and friends, but that’s what I feel like I have my weekends for now.

My weekends mean SO much to me now. I spend the week being productive, making sure I’m focused on school work. But when my Fridays come, I make plans with whomever to do whatever! My weekends are spent by me just having fun, whether it’s going to a party, or just having a sleepover at my friend’s house, I make sure I enjoy myself. But then Monday rolls back around and I get back into school mode.

My SRP classes so far have been beneficial though. I feel as if I’m learning and growing to be a successful college student already. I know that I definitely feel like a college student and am glad to have been given this opportunity. Although it’s taking up my Summer, I know that in the long run it’ll be all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to know that SRP is giving you the forum to write this blog. I enjoyed reading your entries.

    ReplyDelete